The Big Ten picnic is Sunday June 2nd at William Pond Park in Carmichael- the same place we have our picnic. PSU has not had the greatest representation in the past years. For additional incentive, the Club is willing to pay for any alums who would like to attend. If you would like to attend, please click here.
There are usually around 100 alums in attendance from the various schools. Plenty of food and cornhole games for all!
Last week, the chapter lost a dear friend and one of my favorite people. Suzy Fenton passed away on the 15th due to complications from a stroke. Her obituary can be found here at
For those that didn’t have the pleasure to know Suzy, she had a remarkable life. She was recruited into a special women’s engineering program at PSU in ’42 sponsored by the airplane manufacturer Curtis Wright. She worked there for two years before enlisting in the Navy for several years. She then returned to PSU to finish her BS in Aeronautical Engineering in ’49 where she met Wayne. With all due respect to Sheryl Sanberg, what Suzy did before 1950 tops my list of achievements :-)
Suzy and Wayne moved to Sacramento shortly after graduation where she taught at Sac State for 38 years. Suzy was an officer at the chapter for many years and was on the board of directors up until her passing. She and Wayne have been to every event, every chapter meeting, and most every game as long as I’ve been here. Suzy, you will very much be missed! Wayne, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Suzy’s services will be limited to family but the family is considering a celebration event at a date to be determined.
Hello everyone! I hope you and your families are having a nice spring, especially now that the weather has turned the way we love it here. I wanted to provide a quick update on our activities planned for the spring and summer.
- Saturday April 20th – Blue/White @ Players – At this point we are not certain if the game will be televised on the BTN. If so, we will meet at Players. If it is Internet only, we may provide alternative plans. Please be sure to check back closer to the date.
- Saturday May 4 – Wine trip to Amador County – we plan to have a picnic lunch visit Windwalker, TooGood and more up in Amador Co. Please contact Doug to RSVP and he will provide logistics.
- Sunday – June 2 – Big Ten Picnic – Annual Big Ten Picnic at William Pond Park.
- Saturday August 10 – Annual Summer Gathering and Student Sendoff - Save the date. We are currently working to reserve William Pond Park again and will be back in touch with logistics soon!
We look forward to seeing everyone out at the events!
Fall is here! First and foremost thank you to everyone who came out to the summer gathering and student send-off. I have posted some pictures here.
Going forward, there are a couple announcements:
- We’ll be watching this weekend’s (9/1) game at Players – 4060 Sunrise in Fair Oaks – Kickoff time is 9am PDT.
- UPDATE – The 9/8 – Virginia game will not be at Mike Henkel’s house. We will be at Players as always. We will reschedule this for a later date.
Last, we received an invitation to join the San Francisco chapter on Friday 9/7. The event is an Evening with Tina Hay, the editor of the Penn Stater magazine. Event details can be found at
Going forward we will continue to meet informally at Players. We are also planning another family friendly alternate viewing location in Folsom/El Dorado Hills in November.
As always don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
For the Glory,
Below are a few pictures from the summer gathering and student send-off starting with our spot at William Pond Park.
Best of luck to two of our area’s current students!
Well of course it was served… and it was good!