Hello everyone! I hope you and yours are having a wonderful spring. Since we last met, the football team won the Pinstripe Bowl, Coach Rose and the ladies on the volleyball team brought us another National Championship, both basketball teams have had their ups and downs, the wrestling team has continued to be a national championship contender, the women’s gymnastics team dominated in Rec Hall, and the students participating in THON once again made us all proud with their philanthropy.
Today, I’m writing to offer a quick update on our activities planned for the spring and summer.
1. Saturday April 18th – Blue & White Game @ Players in Fair Oaks – Kickoff is at 1 pm (Pacific) and the game is expected to be televised on Big Ten Network. Come out and join us to get a football fix before the long summer.
2. Saturday May 9 – Wine Trip to Amador County – Doug Barbin will lead us on a return trip to Amador for a group wine tasting. Please RSVP to Doug (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 25. Details to follow for those that wish to join the party.
3. Sunday June 14 at 11 am – Big Ten Picnic – Save the Date – Come join in the fun and represent Penn State at the Annual Big Ten Picnic at William Pond Park. Details to follow.
4. Saturday August 15 – Annual Summer Gathering and Student Sendoff – Save the date – We are currently working on the specifics, so keep your eyes open for updates.
We look forward to seeing everyone out at the events!
With three more games in the regular season, our Nittany Lions are looking for some more wins and a bowl berth. Our ugly victory over Indiana gives us five wins, so we’ll be playing for a bowl game against Temple. Tim and Tammy Sebring have offered to host a PSU football viewing party for that game this Saturday, November 15.
We will gather at Dorado Software in El Dorado Hills. The hosts are providing food. Drinks are bring-your-own-beverage. There will be a big screen TV and plenty of room. Kickoff is at 9 am. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
It’s a great time of year for Penn State. Women’s volleyball is gearing up for another championship run in the NCAA tournament. Wrestling is set to do the same as they prepare for their season. Preparation for THON is surely in full swing back in State College. Not only is the football team likely to make a bowl game, there is a fairly decent chance that bowl game could be in California. Some projections even have us playing Arizona in the San Francisco Bowl at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara on December 30.
Please join us on Saturday and help us cheer the Lions to a bowl berth.
After the tough loss versus Northwestern, our Nittany Lions will be traveling to Michigan this coming weekend to play the struggling wolverines. The Sanders family is generously hosting the game. Kick off is at 4 pm on Saturday. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following game will be versus Ohio State on October 25 at 8 p.m. There are two options for viewing this Big Ten matchup. The first option is a traditional White-Out at Players Pub in Fair Oaks. As always, this is a fun place where we’ll likely be interacting with some other Big Ten folks, especially since this is a night game. The second option is a viewing party at Wahoo’s Fish Taco, 1820 L Street, a newly opened bar and restaurant in midtown Sacramento. The event will double as a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. LLS will receive 50% of the proceeds from the evening. Food and drink specials are as follows:
$2.22 Beer pints (8 beers to choose from)
$4 Well cocktails
$4.50 Craft margaritas
$3.34 Famous Tacos
As for November viewing gatherings, be on the lookout for email updates from me and updates to the website, psusac.org. October was a little light on football. November, however, has five games scheduled. If you are interested in hosting a viewing party, or have a suggestion for a good location, please contact me.
See below for current details on football viewing in the area:
- September 27 – Homecoming Game (Northwestern) at the Montross House in Roseville – RSVP/Contact – email@example.com
- October 11 – Michigan Game at the Sanders house in El Dorado Hills- Contact/RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 25 – OSU – White-Out at Players Pub in Fair Oaks
Please RSVP to the hosts for their addresses as we will not post those on this site. All other games not listed above will still informally meet at Players.
All, the 2014 summer gathering and student send-off is on Saturday. Preferred method of registration is online by clicking here.
Alternatively, checks may be made out to the Penn State Club and mailed to:
The Penn State Club c/o BrightLine CPAs & Associates, Inc.
1024 Iron Point Road, Suite 100 #1225 Folsom, CA 95630
Be sure to include on your check – single/family and how many raffle tickets.
Also, given the late notice, please email me at email@example.com with your counts so we have them.
Event Day Details:
We will be at the Cottonwood Pavillion. Enter through the main gate ($5 parking fee) and proceed to the first major parking lot. The pavillion is just adjacent to that lot as shown here:
For the raffle and silent auction, note that prizes will be split between the two. Some prizes will be via raffle and others will be via silent auction. Bring your checkbooks to raise money for our scholarship program!